JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: INTAKE ANALYST
Posted December 16, 2019 Applications accepted until January 31, 2020
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC) is seeking an Intake Analyst.
The mission of MMFHC is to promote fair housing throughout the State of Wisconsin by combating illegal housing discrimination, and by creating and maintaining racially and economically integrated housing patterns.
Intake Analyst position description
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) based in MMFHC’s Milwaukee office. The salary range for this position is $46,000 to $52,000, depending on experience and qualifications. The Intake Analyst will report directly to MMFHC’s Executive Vice President, and will conduct the following activities:
1. Provide counseling and assistance to housing consumers on the purposes and provisions of local, state and federal fair housing laws.
2. Conduct intake of housing discrimination complaints alleging violations of fair housing laws. The Intake Analyst will interview potential complainants and obtain complete and accurate information for referral and review by supervisor(s) or another agency as directed.
3. Advise complainants on their options for pursuing complaints through administrative or judicial actions.
4. Act as a liaison between complainants, attorneys, and public administrative agencies during the process of seeking a resolution to a housing discrimination complaint.
5. Prepare documents for referral to attorneys and/or public administrative agencies.
6. Maintain detailed, confidential records pertaining to complaints.
7. Assist with preparation of reports as directed.
8. Conduct fair housing outreach and training as directed by supervisor(s).
9. Undertake continuous efforts to educate oneself on fair housing laws, regulations, policies, procedures, issues and programs relevant to effective job performance.
Desired qualifications and experience
1. Exceptional analytical, time management and multitasking skills.
2. Ability to explain legal concepts in simple, easy-to-understand language.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Experience working with diverse groups of people, including persons with disabilities.
5. Experience in maintaining detailed and confidential records.
6. Experience providing direct client services.
7. Committed to vigorous enforcement of fair housing laws.
8. Previous experience in civil rights enforcement highly desirable.
9. Spanish or Hmong language skills highly desirable.
10. B.A./B.S. preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered.
How to Apply
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES ACCEPTED
Please submit a cover letter and current résumé to:
Attention: Human Resources Committee
759 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 500
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Or via email to:
MMFHC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations,
please call 414-278-1240.