Job Announcement for Counselor - Housing Mobility
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE POSITION OF:
COUNSELOR - HOUSING MOBILITY
SALARY RANGE: $42,000 - $45,000 Annually
POSTING DATE: November 19, 2019
CLOSING DATE OF JOB POSTING: Apply on or before 5:00 p.m. January 3, 2020
This exempt position is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Mobility Counseling program. This position entails significant communication skills, the ability to interact with key Housing Authority personnel at three separate housing authorities, business groups, landlords, non-profit organizations and HCV participants. The individual must be skilled in written and verbal communications, possess high-level analytical ability, a self-starter and must operate independently.
· Required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position would normally be gained through the experience in Social Work, Social Services Administration, Business and/or Public Administration or a related field. Knowledge of the Housing Choice Voucher program is a plus.
· Ability to assist in the development of the following: landlord outreach plan, participant screening criteria and counseling content, a marketing plan and materials for both landlords and participants in the HCV Mobility Counseling program, a data system to track participation and program outcomes.
· Ability to develop family plans with objectives, services to be provided, milestones for completion of key elements and timetables, provide the following; motivational counseling to participants regarding housing search methods and utilizing community resources, make appropriate referrals for needed services to help remove barriers to a successful mobility move (i.e. credit repair, substance abuse).
· Ability to provide families with detailed information about locational options in opportunity areas, assess schooling needs of each child in the family and make attempts to refer families to an area where family needs are best met, assist in the following; make readiness determination, assistance with efforts of credit repair or rental history problems to assist families with meeting tenant screening requirements, transitions after their move, including help in locating schools, churches, childcare, employment, social and medical services, maintain required records of counseling services provided and the referrals made for each family, conduct follow-up telephone calls.
· Ability to perform duties of the position with minimal direction and complete work tasks in a time-sensitive environment, adapt well to changes in work environment, manage competing demands, create, interpret and maintain sophisticated data systems. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Bilingual speakers are a plus.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.