Job Announcement: Program Services Coordinator II in Madison, WI
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: PROGRAM SERVICES COORDINATOR II
Posted October 26, 2023 Applications accepted until December 1, 2023
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC) is seeking a Program Services Coordinator II to provide an array of fair housing services to persons residing in Dane County through its satellite office in Madison, Wisconsin. The mission of MMFHC is to promote fair housing throughout the State of Wisconsin by combating illegal housing discrimination, and by creating and maintaining racially and economically integrated housing patterns.
Working for MMFHC means being part of a present-day civil rights movement. MMFHC staff members help ensure that Wisconsin residents are have information about their fair housing rights, and that people who have experienced discrimination are empowered to pursue remedies.
The Program Services Coordinator II will staff a full-time position (40 hours per week) based in Madison, Wisconsin. Salary for this position is $45,000-$55,000, depending on experience and qualifications. The Program Services Coordinator II may work a hybrid schedule of in-person and remote work, subject to pre-approval by supervisor(s).
Activities conducted by the Program Services Coordinator II may include:
1. Presenting fair housing information to community organizations, housing consumers, social service agencies, faith-based groups, neighborhood organizations, civic groups, and other audiences
2. Building relationships with other nonprofit organizations in Dane County
3. Disseminating fair housing informational materials, and assisting in development of new outreach materials
4. Staffing informational tables at community events
5. Recruiting volunteers and members
6. Assisting with preparation of reports to funders
7. Assisting with fund development and grant writing
8. Provision of fair housing technical assistance to housing consumers, public policy makers, and the general public
1. Strong public speaking skills, including experience presenting to a wide variety of audiences
2. Outstanding ability to convey complex information in writing
3. Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people and organizations
4. Experience communicating and collaborating in multicultural settings
5. Familiarity with Dane County, housing market practices, community-based programs preferred
6. Commitment to vigorous enforcement of fair housing and fair lending laws
7. Understanding of equitable housing policy a plus
8. Ability to maintain accurate records of activities
9. Reliable, detail-oriented, and exceptionally well-organized
10. Ability to manage one’s own time and work independently
11. Computer literate; experience with Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
12. Spanish or Hmong language proficiency a plus
13. B.A./B.S. preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered
14. Valid driver’s license
How to Apply
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES ACCEPTED
Please submit a cover letter and current résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter and current résumé may also be submitted by mail to: MMFHC
Attention: Human Resources Committee
759 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 500
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MMFHC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations,
please call 414-278-1240.