JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: OUTREACH AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Updated: Jun 6, 2022
Posted June 3, 2022 Applications accepted until July 1, 2022
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC) is seeking an Outreach and Education Coordinator to provide fair housing services to persons residing in metropolitan Milwaukee and northeast Wisconsin. The mission of MMFHC is to promote fair housing throughout the State of Wisconsin by combating illegal housing discrimination, and by creating and maintaining racially and economically integrated housing patterns. Position description
The Outreach and Education Coordinator is a full-time position (40 hours per week) and reports directly to MMFHC’s Director of Program Services. The Outreach and Education Coordinator is primarily responsible for the implementation of fair housing outreach and education services in the four-county metropolitan Milwaukee region, as well as Brown, Outagamie, Winnebago and Calumet Counties.
The Outreach and Education Coordinator’s activities will include:
1. building and maintaining relationships with other organizations in order to expand public understanding of fair housing rights
2. conducting fair housing presentations for social service agencies, community organizations, neighborhood groups, faith-based organizations, and other audiences as assigned
3. promoting MMFHC services and raising awareness of fair housing issues at public events and community meetings
4. recruiting MMFHC members and volunteers
5. maintenance of activity logs and other administrative tasks as assigned
Salary for this position is $34,000-$46,500, depending on experience and qualifications. Hybrid work scheduling (in-person in office, in community settings, and/or from home) may be available.
Desired experience and qualifications
1. Commitment to MMFHC’s mission and to vigorous enforcement of fair housing and fair lending laws
2. Excellent public speaking and relationship-building skills
3. Experience maintaining detailed records
4. Creative problem-solving skills
5. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations
6. Ability to communicate respectfully and competently across cultural differences
7. Willingness to alternate between independent work and work in a collaborative team environment
8. Ability to accept and act upon performance-based direction
9. Spanish or Hmong language skills highly desirable
10. Some availability to work evenings and weekends may be necessary
11. Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
12. Computer literate; experience with Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
13. B.A./B.S. preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered
14. Valid driver’s license
How to Apply
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES ACCEPTED Please submit a cover letter and current résumé to:
Attention: Human Resources Committee
759 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 500
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Or via email to:
Rachel Scalise, Executive Assistant
Résumés submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
MMFHC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations,
please call 414-278-1240.